The French Reference for LGBT+ Diversity in The Workplace
Created in 1997, L’Autre Cercle is the French leading non-profit organization for LGBTQIA+ inclusion in the workplace in France. L’Autre Cercle is present all over France with their 10 branches and collaborates with more than 400 volunteers. Our volunteers are professionals from various backgrounds who share our vision and goals. They can contribute in our activities as simple members or as active volunteers.
Since 1997, we supported employers from the private, public, and non-profit sectors to create more inclusive work environments for LGBTQIA+ people. Since 2013, L’Autre Cercle deployed the LGBTQIA+ commitment Charter, signed by more than 280 organizations covering around 2,5 millions of employees. The charter is a voluntary commitment that expresses the support of organizations to our values and actions. By signing the charter, organizations commit themselves to respect LGBTQIA+ people within their structure, as well as within their stakeholders.
Our values are respect, humanism, independence, commitment, and pragmatism. We believe that everyone should be able to express themselves freely and to bring their authentic themselves at work, without fear of discrimination or harassment based on their sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. We also believe that diversity is a source of innovation and performance for organizations.
Our mission is to support organizations and employees in their approach of respect and valorization of LGBTQIA+ people. We offer a range of services and activities, such as:
- Observation and research: we conduct studies and surveys to measure the situation of LGBTQIA+ people in the workplace and to identify best practices.
- Networking and events: we organize thematic conferences, workshops, cultural events, and social gatherings to foster dialogue and exchange among our members and partners.
- Advocacy and communication: we promote our values and actions through various media channels (website, social networks, newsletters) and we participate in public debates on LGBTQIA+ issues.
- International: we collaborate with 50 international civil society organizations (CSO), in particular through the European Pride Business Network (EPBN), and building project with international CSO (ie: Odyssey for Equality), willing to build international network to share best practices.
- Consulting and training: we provide tailored advice and training to help organizations implement LGBT+ inclusion policies and practices.
L’Autre Cercle has a strong experience in delivering complex projects in workplace equality from surveys to high-level events with decision makers to creating toolkits and guidebooks. L’Autre Cercle has experience in implementing national and international projects.
If you want to join us or learn more about us, don’t hesitate to contact us!